Lemon is a fruit with many medicinal properties, of which man has benefited for centuries.
Most people who consume this leak, are content with the juice of this fantastic citrus.
Indeed, it fits very easily in many preparations, and its acid flavor allows to do wonders in the kitchen.
Here is a good reason, in addition to its taste properties, to buy dried lemon bark. They have many health benefits, even more so than pulp. Indeed, it has between 5 and 10 times more nutrients than the pulp, as for example vitamins A and C, calcium, magnesium, beta-carotene or even potassium.
• In addition to containing all the nutrients we have just talked about, the lemon rind has a high content of essential oil of lemon, citronella and phellandrene.
• It is rich in antioxidants, including vitamin C, citric acid, malic acid, formic acid, Hesperidin and pectin, among others.
• The lemon bark contains salvestrol Q40 and limonene, two active ingredients that act on carcinogenic cells in the early stages of their formation, and are very effective against breast, colon and skin cancers.
• Thanks to its high content of vitamin C and flavonoids, the lemon bark helps to purify the blood vessels, to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol in the blood, and to lower the blood pressure.
• It contains calcium and other essential minerals, capable of fortifying bones and preventing the onset of diseases such as osteoporosis.
• Juice, or tea, of lemon bark, is specially recommended for fighting intestinal gases, reducing abdominal inflammation, improving digestion and eliminating accumulated waste in the body.
• Thanks to its high antioxidant content, lemon bark helps to protect and decongest the liver, eliminating toxins and impurities that can affect health.
• In the same way as natural lemon juice, lemon bark has alkalizing properties that help to reduce the pH of the body.
• Thanks to its vitamin C content, lemon bark is strongly recommended to strengthen the immune system, and to prevent diseases such as flu, colds and infections.
• Lemon rind juice is depurative, helps to strengthen metabolism and helps to lose weight.
If you want to enjoy all the benefits of the dried lemon bark, take the Carine from BIO WORLD, a tea with dried lemon bark.
Its detoxifying virtues make lemon peel an effective food to clean the organs, especially the toxins of the liver which prevents its proper functioning. For this purpose it is interesting to associate it with an infusion of artichoke leaves.
The liver is of paramount importance, it filters and cleans the blood that passes through the digestive tract before reaching the rest of the organs.
Its diuretic virtues make it a stimulant of renal activity.